Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Thoughts Are So Complex, Not Even I Can Understand Them

As I noted on NPR the other day, no one has done a good job of educating Americans about Medicare. Just as it took courage for George Bush to do the same insipid thing day after day, year after year, it takes courage for me to say the same insipid things day after day, year after year. And I didn't get where I am by caring about poverty or medical treatment for the elderly.

They're just going to have to accept the fact that freedom has a price. In this case, it's not 'live free or die', but 'live free, then die'. Preferably with the least amount of bother to me. If you can afford private insurance, great, but otherwise, please do not stand in the way of the wealthiest Americans becoming wealthier. Just have the decency to appreciate your freedom as you die quietly of a treatable illness. It's what any Real American would do, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment